Don't see what you need, or have questions? Email Us

did you know?

there are 2 ways to place your order?

  1. pay online

  2. call a customer service representitive at: 518-463-4179 or Toll Free 800-828-4428
    (NYS residents only)

Dissolve Your Business


SERVICO will assist you first by requesting tax consent from the NYS TAX DEPARTMENT, then we prepare and file a Certificate of Dissolution! 

Once you have filed all outstanding returns (including your final return) and paid all taxes, the NYS Tax Department will issue its consent to allow voluntary dissolution of your New York corporation, or surrendering your authority to do business in New York (if you are an out-of-state corporation registered with NYS Department of State).  Please note: The New York City Department of Finance has a separate consent requirement for any corporation that has done business or incurred NY City tax liability.

Download our online worksheet for Corporate Dissolution, along with the NYS Power of  Attorney. Complete all forms, and fax or mail them to us for processing. As always, Servico’s representatives are ready to assist you in this task. Just call us or email us for further assistance.


There is no tax consent required in order to cancel or dissolve your company or partnership. Use our online worksheet and within 24-48 hours your limited liability company, limited liability partnership or limited partnership will be dissolved.  Please confer with your legal or financial advisor to insure that you are taking all the necessary steps when closing your business.


 Whatever the form of your business, you will need to follow an organized plan for closing your doors.  Your plan should comply with New York statutes, the Internal Revenue Code, and local tax authority regulations. 

In general, the following items are points to consider:

The members, directors and shareholders should agree to the dissolution 

Contact your commercial insurance agent, notify him/her of the dissolution and determine the best protection against third-party lawsuits that may arise after your dissolve. 

Collect your assets, and sell or donate property that you are not going to distribute to shareholders/members. Pay all outstanding debts. 

Have your accountant prepare the final tax returns due on the Federal, State, and Local levels. 

Determine the statutory time limits for third parties to bring suit against you and plan accordingly. 

Notify the Secretary of State that you are discontinuing the use of an assumed or trade name.









use our helpful glossary of terms to better understand what you need

Toll Free (NYS) 800-828-4428 | (518) 463-4179 | Fax (518) 463-3752
Servico | P.O. Box 871 | Albany, NY 12201
HOURS: Monday - Friday : 8am - 5pm

from the creative minds of Brayton Graphics